Has Blue Buffalo Dog Food Been Recalled
Yes, Blue Buffalo Dog Food has been recalled. To be more precise, the company has three recalls.
In March 2017, there was a voluntary recall of Wilderness Rocky Mountain Red Meat Dinner Wet Food due to a high level of naturally-occurring beef thyroid hormones that cause restlessness, increased heart rate, weight loss, urination, and increased thirst.
The Food and Drug Administration reported a single pet parent whose dog developed these symptoms and later recovered. Blue Buffalo investigated and decided to recall the batch.
In October 2010, a scientist at the Michigan State University investigated why dogs around the country were falling sick. It found that these dogs had high levels of vitamin D in their blood. 16 of these dogs were eating the BLUE Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe diet.
The company recalled all bags of BLUE Basics Salmon Recipe, BLUE Buffalo Wilderness Chicken, and BLUE Life Protection Adult Large Breed Chicken Recipe, having the best before dates of 7/12/11 through 10/26/11.
And finally, in April 2007, there was a voluntary recall of many pet foods and one batch of Buffalo baked dog treats. They contained rice protein obtained from Wilbur-Ellis, which was contaminated with melamine before arriving Blue Buffalo production facility.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Grain Free Chicken Dry Food For Toy Breed Adult Dogs
INGREDIENTS: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal , Pea Protein, Peas, Tapioca Starch, Menhaden Fish Meal , Dried Egg, Chicken Fat , Flaxseed , Natural Flavor, Dried Tomato Pomace, Pea Starch, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, DL-Methionine, Salt, Dried Chicory Root, Potatoes, Pea Fiber, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Caramel Color, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Blueberries, Cranberries, Barley Grass, Parsley, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Kelp, Turmeric, Nicotinic Acid , Calcium Pantothenate , L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate , L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, Oil of Rosemary, Copper Sulfate, Biotin , Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Sulfate, Taurine, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Thiamine Mononitrate , Riboflavin , Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride , Calcium Iodate, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid , Sodium Selenite.
Is Blue Buffalo Dog Food Worth It
Yes, Blue Buffalo Dog Food is worth it.
Blue Buffalo Dog Food is an excellent choice for many pet parents. The brand offers a superior nutrition profile. The precise blend of carbs, proteins, and fats attests to the quality of this dog food. And the companys commitment to overall canine health is second to none.
You May Like: Science Diet Weight Management Dog Food
Are You A California Resident
5X Bonus points offer on all Nate + Jeremiah collections valid one-time only 9/25/22-10/31/22 with Treats membership in stores & online. While supplies last. Prices & selection may vary by store & online. Must activate offer prior to purchase to receive bonus points. Must be signed in to your Treats account prior to purchase or use Treats membership ID in stores at checkout. May not be combinable with other available bonus points offers. Points will be credited to your Treats account within 24 72 hours of your purchase. Treats rules apply. See www.petsmart.com/treats for details.
Save $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more in Pharmacy. Offer valid with Treats membership online only at petsmart.com or on the app. Must be signed into your Treats account prior to purchase. Discount taken off highest priced qualifying item in cart. Offer not valid on services, gift cards, gift certificates, previous purchases, charitable donations, and may exclude all or select items from various brands. Offer may not be combined with other promotional offers or discounts and specifically excludes any available Autoship offers. Limited to one time per customer during the offer period. Transaction total is prior to taxes & after discounts are applied. Terms and conditions of this offer are subject to change at the sole discretion of PetSmart. Offer valid through October 30th, 2022 at 7:30am EST.
Blue Buffalo Dog Food Formulas Reviewed
Blue Buffalo Dog Food offers different formulas, including wet and dry dog foods, dog treats, and toppers. To help pet owners find the best recipe for their dogs, we have reviewed several formulas.
Summary: This product contains a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that have been put together by renowned vets and animal nutritionists. The dog food is high in protein as it contains real chicken, which encourages muscle growth. It also contains DHA and ARA, important fatty acids found in mothers milk, which support cognitive development and retinal health. It contains other ingredients that help promote the healthy development of your dogs body and mind.
Type: Dry dog food
Best for: Puppies and adult dogs
Flavor Options: Red meat Chicken Turkey
- Some dogs might not like the crunchy texture
- Deboned Chicken: Most Blue Buffalo homestyle meals contain deboned chicken that provides the required protein to your dogs diet
- Peas: This is a great source of plant protein, and it also gives a nice texture to the food. Additionally, it also contains other beneficial nutrients.
- Fish Meal: Helps reduce inflammation in your dogs body. Also, it is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which support skin & coat health.
- Sweet Potatoes: These complete the requirement of carbs in your dogs meal. They are a common ingredient in most adult dry dog foods.
Type: Dry dog food
Best for: Puppies and adult dogs
Don’t Miss: What Food Can I Give My Dog
How Is Blue Buffalo Dog Food Made
Blue Buffalo Dog Food is made using all-natural ingredients formulated into wholesome recipes. The brand tries its best to ensure that your dogs food is as primal as possible.
The formulas are minimally processed and are catered to different dog breeds and dietary needs. Every portion of the food ensures that your dog gets the required nutritional needs. The food is tailored to suit every life stage.
What Is The Problem With Blue Buffalo Dog Food
In the past, Blue Buffalo Dog Food had to endure a series of accusations involving false advertising of their products. They were sued because they were accused of misleading their customers through their marketing campaigns.
The brand has a certain marketing tactic where they associate dog food with a wolf and claim that their products are extremely close to nature. The fact that wolfs do not have carbohydrates in their food was used to back these allegations.
Also Check: Blue Small Breed Dog Food
Is Blue Buffalo A Good Dog Food
Yes, Blue Buffalo Dog Food is good.
The quality of ingredients used to produce the Blue Buffalo dry and wet dog foods is excellent. All recipes feature real meat as the main ingredient, with no filler or poultry by-products used.
Offering high-protein and homestyle recipes, the brand makes its formulas on recommendations by animal nutritionists and veterinarians. They are loaded with high-quality protein, glucosamine, L-carnitine, and omega-3 fatty acids, making them suitable for both large and small dogs.
Plus, the brand provides detailed accessibility to the ingredients that they use. And finally, most of the brands products are available and highly rated on online platforms like Amazon and Chewy.
Blue Buffalo Dog Food Reviewed: Pros Cons And Ingredient Analysis
- Best Overall Blue Buffalo Dog Food: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Natural Dry Dog FoodThis is our top pick when it comes to the best Blue Buffalo dog food because of its well-rounded and balanced formula.
- Best Blue Buffalo Dog Food for Immunity: Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Natural Dog FoodIf your dog falls ill often, this food will help build their immunity to fight off common infections and discomfort.
- Best Blue Buffalo Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs: Blue Buffalo Freedom Grain-Free Recipe for DogsThis protein-rich dog food is great for dogs that have a sensitive stomach and face allergic reactions to other food brands.
- Most Affordable Blue Buffalo Dog Food: Blue Buffalo Basics Dog FoodIf you are looking for something that is a bit more economical, this product is perfect for pet parents who are on a budget.
- Most Innovative Blue Buffalo Dog Food: Blue Buffalo True Solutions Dog FoodMade with an innovative blend of ingredients, this dog food contains real meat along with whole grains , deboned chicken, and brown rice.
- Best Vet-Formulated Blue Buffalo Dog Food: Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet Dog FoodIf your dog is a picky eater, this dog food is as close to nature as one can get, making every meal something to look forward to.
Don’t Miss: What Is Powdered Cellulose In Dog Food
Chicken And Brown Rice Recipe
Formulated for the health and well-being of toy dogs, BLUE Life Protection Formula starts with high-quality deboned chicken and features antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies plus wholesome whole grains. This precise blend of proteins and carbohydrates helps support your toy dog’s higher energy needs.
Earn up to 250 points*
You can earn points and redeem them for free goodies every time you purchase our dry dog food!** Just scan the QR insert card you find in select BLUE packages and download the Buddies app. Learn more about Buddies Rewards.
*Based on bag size.**Must scan the QR insert card located in bags of eligible products.
Available in 4lb. bag.
Chicken is a protein source that supports muscle development and energy.
Why We Love It
- REAL MEAT FIRST: Blue Buffalo foods always feature real meat as the first ingredient. High-quality protein from real chicken helps your dog build and maintain healthy muscles. Plus they contain wholesome whole grains, garden veggies and fruit.
- TOY BREED DOG FOOD: Specially formulated for the wellness of adult toy breed dogs, BLUE Life Protection Formula® Toy Breed Dog Food contains an optimal blend of high-quality proteins and carbohydrates to meet the unique energy needs of smaller dogs with a kibble size ideal for smaller jaws.
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS®: This formula contains BLUEs exclusive LifeSource Bits a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists, to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance.
- A NATURAL DOG FOOD: BLUE dry dog foods are made with the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals. BLUE contains NO chicken by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives.
Also Check: Can You Get Dog Food With Food Stamps
What Is Blue Buffalo Dog Food
Blue Buffalo Dog Food is a pet food brand dedicated to making healthy and natural recipes for cats and dogs of every age and phase of life. It makes delicious, healthy, wet, and dry dog food for both small and large breeds.
The company makes formulas for personalized dietary needs from skin sensitivities, immune system support, hip and joint health, weight management, digestive care, and many more.
Jackie and Bill Bishop, the founders of Blue Buffalo, began to develop interests in pet health when their Airedale, Blue, developed medical problems. This triggered the brothers to create Blue Buffalo Dog Food made from the finest natural ingredients to boost immunity.
Blue Buffalo Dog Food contains no corn, wheat, colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, or by-product meals. None of the food variants contains dairy or egg, either. The company produces two grain-free dog food lines, an antioxidant-rich Life Protection formula and a Limited Ingredient line, all made with natural ingredients.
All Blue Buffalo foods contain LifeSource Bits. The bits are derived from whole source ingredients like fruit and veggies. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.